SWAYAM is an instrument for self-actualisation providing opportunities for a life-long learning. Here learner can choose from hundreds of courses , virtually every course that is taught at the university / college / school level and these shall be offered by best of the teachers in India and elsewhere. If a student is studying in any college, he/she can transfer the credits earned by taking these courses into their academic record. If you are, working or not working, in school or out of school, SWAYAM presents a unique educational opportunity to expand the horizons of knowledge.
SWAYAM is the indigenous platform of the MHRD, GOI providing an integrated portal and platform for hosting Massive open online courses (MOOCS) developed under the aegis of NME-ICT. Government of India adopted the MOOCs concept to supplement the formal education system in the country from high school to higher education, named aptly as the “Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds” (SWAYAM). It hosts various courses based on curriculum, continuing education and skill.
Who can submit detailed proposal
- An academician/faculty having 5 years of PG Teaching Experiences in concerned field, can be the Course Coordinator.
- The Faculty employed in the institutions who are eligible to receive funding from UGC that i.e included under section 2 (f) and 12B of UGC Act 1956 and eligible to receive central assistance are eligible for applying for MOOCs.
- The Faculty employed in University/College would be required to submit a consent letter of the host University/Institute to develop MOOCs Courses.
- As the courses, carry credits/ certification, they shall be cleared by the 'Host University/Institute', who are authorised to award degrees as per section 22 of the UGC Act, 1956 and also agree to conduct End Examination, assessment and grant credits/ certification.
- One Course Coordinator can offer only one course at a time.